An intense Fortune 200 executive with more than 15 years of experience in a wide variety of strategy and innovation roles including technology/business/market development, negotiation, and Artificial Intelligence. Author of Strategy for Executives.
Strategy for Executives LLC
4023 Kennett Pike #53757
Wilmington, DE 19807
Download Resume as PDF
AES CORPORATION – ARLINGTON, VA
Regional Director of Business Development, Latin America and South Asia – Period: 2012 – 2017
Designed and executed the company’s new-tech and innovation strategies for the region, including the development of over $1 BB in greenfield projects.
- Designed and implemented the division’s market development strategy, as well as the origination, negotiation and development of new project opportunities in Central America & the Caribbean.
- Negotiated over $1BB in project acquisitions, supply & EPC contracts.
- Direct, evaluated and developed new project and business opportunitieeds in Mexico, Panama, El Salvador, Colombia, Chile, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, and the Philippines.
AES CORPORATION – ARLINGTON, VA
Director of Solution Development and Technology Evangelist – Period: 2007 – 2011
Designed the company’s platform strategy to enter the energy storage space and developed the first generation of the company’s lithium-ion solutions.
- Managed and mentored a staff of 15+ Engineers, Business Development Specialists, Public Relations Managers, and Consultants across multiple regions.
- Led the design, development and construction of the world’s first large scale lithium-ion energy storage system.
- Negotiated several multi-million dollar contracts with vendors and customers.
AES CORPORATION – SANTO DOMINGO, DR
Manager of Market Development and Large Customers – Period: 2003 – 2007
- Led efforts to open new markets and diversify the company’s assets portfolio in the country delivering over $35 MM in additional revenue.
- Implemented procedures for evaluation, development, administration, and documentation of new business opportunities, and trained peers on those procedures.
- Led due diligence on over $500 MM in potential investments, and helped the company evaluate and deploy innovative solutions for customers powered by emerging technologies.
Early Career Experience
- Assistant to the Minister’s Chief of Staff, Secretariat of Public Health, 1994 – 2002: Personal assistant to the Chief of Staff of the Minister of Public Health of the Dominican Republic. Handled sensitive information related to senior government dignitaries and ministers of other government institutions
- Assistant Professor, Autonomous University of Santo Domingo, 2000 – 2002: Provided classroom coaching and mentoring through lectures on subject topics as well as solving exercises in steam power plants, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics courses for undergraduate engineering students.
- University of Virginia Darden School of Business. Specialization – Business Strategy.
- MIT Sloan School of Management. Executive Certification – Strategy and Innovation.
- Pontifical Catholic University Mother and Teacher. Master of Science – Operations Management.
- Autonomous University of Santo Domingo. Bachelor’s Degree – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
Recently Completed Courses
- The Consultant’s Toolkit – Harvard University Extension School.
- Digital Transformation – Boston Consulting Group & Darden School of Business.
- Artificial Intelligence: Implications for Business Strategy – MIT Sloan Executive Education.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- US Citizen