Our Agreement with You
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AND TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. BY USING OUR SERVICES OR REGISTERING FOR A COURSE/PROGRAM/MASTERCLASS, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, AND TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, OR ARE NOT ABLE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT, THEN UNFORTUNATELY YOU MAY NOT REGISTER FOR A COURSE/PROGRAM/MASTERCLASS OR USE OUR SERVICES.
A. Welcome to Strategy for Executives!
This Agreement (“Terms”) sets out the terms and conditions that govern your use of STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC’s products and services, as well as your registration for any short course, Masterclass or other program (“Course”) offered by STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC. We hope that you find this information helpful.
B. About Receiving Services from STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC
- Acceptance: By clicking on the “Agree” button when signing up for a Course, you agree to be bound by these “Terms”, which include, by reference, the Policies.
- Suitability of Course: Before registering for any Course, you are responsible for satisfying yourself as to the relevance and suitability of the Course for your individual requirements, through consideration of the information supplied through our Websites, and asking questions, if necessary.
- Course Confirmation: You will only receive confirmation of your registration for a Course, once you have made the required payment for it (unless otherwise specifically stated in the information pack relevant to your Course).
- Minors: If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain the written consent and assistance of your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms or register for a Course, and this registration would need to be separately managed through our Registrar office by arrangement to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
C. Pricing, payment and delivery
- Course fees: When you register for a Course, you agree to pay the applicable Course fee and such other amounts as may be due by you arising from your participation in the Course.
- Tax Invoices in electronic format: You hereby consent to the receipt of an invoice, which shall be sent to you in electronic format, to the email address that you provided upon registering for a Course. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment that will be accepted in payment of such invoice.
- Bank charges: In the event that bank charges and/or fees are levied on or added to a payment made by you to us from any country or jurisdiction, you shall be liable for all such bank charges and additional costs.
- Payment of VAT and other Taxes: Any VAT or other applicable taxes payable in addition to the Course fees will be identified in your invoice or information pack and such amounts are your sole responsibility unless the contrary is stated.
- Payment reference: When making payment to us, you must ensure that your invoice number (to which the payment relates) is reflected on your payment. We will not be held liable if we are unable to locate your payment, and as a result you are suspended from participation in a Course.
- Reminders: You hereby acknowledge and consent to us contacting you in relation to payments due by you for a Course or in terms of these Terms, by way of email, text message, telephone calls, or other means as determined by us.
- Dispute: If there is a dispute between us relating to the payment of any Course fee, or the way in which you use the Online Campus or the Website, we may at our sole discretion suspend your participation in the Course for the period of the dispute.
D. Cancellations and Deferrals
- Outstanding fees: If you do not settle your fees in accordance with the agreed payment terms, you will not receive your final result for your Course. This means that we are not obliged to show up and deliver the Course unless paid in full.
- Cancellation of registration: If you wish to cancel your Course registration, you will need to contact your tutor or our support office to discuss your intention. Our staff will consult with you to discuss the matter and to assist you in reaching an informed decision. Should you decide to go ahead with the cancellation, you will be required to complete and submit a cancellation of registration form, which will be provided to you by your tutor or support contact. You will be entitled to a full refund (excluding travels costs and materials) of your Course fee if you request cancellation of registration with your tutor or support contact at least two weeks before your scheduled Course date. After this time, no refunds will be processed for cancellation of course registration.
- Course deferral: If you wish to defer your Course, you will need to contact your tutor or support contact to discuss this intention. Your tutor or support contact will consult with you to discuss the matter and to assist you in reaching an informed decision. Should you decide to go ahead with the deferral, you will be required to complete and submit a deferral application form (which will be provided to you by your tutor or support contact) and pay for any travel rescheduling fees.
D. Limitation of liability and indemnity
- No liability for Course outcomes: We will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any costs, claims or damages that you may sustain or suffer as a result of registering for and/or participating in any Course or other service offered by us which is not relevant, suitable or does not meet yours and/or any relevant industry or commercial body’s requirements. Under no circumstances do we guarantee your suitability for a particular Course based on the levels of difficulty. We cannot, under any circumstances, be held liable to you for any costs, claims or damages, if after the completion of a course you or any other participant are not able to obtain the outcome you may believe completing a Course will assist you to attain, for example, obtaining a competitive edge in your industry or getting a promotion.
- Limitation of liability: To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree that we will not be liable for any cost, claims, damages (including, without limitation, indirect, extrinsic, special, penal, punitive, exemplary or consequential loss (such as loss of profits, business, goodwill, revenue or anticipated savings) or other damages of any kind, penalties, actions, judgments, suits, expenses, disbursements, fines or other amounts that you or any third party might suffer that relates to or arises from these Terms, your participation in a Course, or termination of a Course for any reason, whether or not anyone anticipated or should have anticipated that damages would occur.
- Acknowledgment: You acknowledge and agree that the disclaimers and limitations of liability set forth in these Terms reflect a reasonable and fair allocation of risk between you and STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC, and that these limitations are an essential basis to our ability to make services available to you on an economically feasible basis.
- Time constraint: You agree that, to the extent permissible by applicable law, any cause of action related to these Terms or STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC’s services or Courses must commence within 6 months after the cause of action comes into being. If not, such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
- Indemnity: Subject to any applicable laws, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any claim that a third party might bring against us that relates to or arises from these Terms arising from your registration for a Course.
E. Intellectual Property
- Reservation of rights: Except where expressly stated to the contrary, copyright in the HTML, text, graphics, audio clips, video clips, source and/or object code and all other works (including trading marks and names) contained on the Website or Course or otherwise provided to participants by STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC, is owned by us or licensed to us, and we assert and reserve all of our rights in this regard. Access to or use of our services and Courses will not in any way result in an assignment or license of any intellectual property owned by us or any other party.
F. Warranties and disclaimers
- Disclaimers: To the extent permissible under applicable laws, all services, Courses and their content are provided “as is” without representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in respect thereof, and in particular, we make no representations or warranties regarding the quality of the Course content or the fitness of the Course content for the purpose for which you acquired it.
- Student warranties: You warrant that all and any information that you provide to us, in accordance with this Agreement, in order to register for a Course or otherwise, is true and accurate.
G. Complaints and dispute resolution
- General complaints policy: Whether it is positive or negative, STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC encourages feedback from students. Where this feedback is a complaint about our Course, product or service offering, or our conduct, we are committed to addressing the complaint in a timely and appropriate manner. All complaints are taken seriously, and every effort has been made to ensure that STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC can cater for complaints received on all levels, regardless of severity. STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC will seek to address a complaint in a mutually beneficial and satisfactory manner, whenever reasonably possible.
- Speak up: Should you wish to lodge a complaint, you are required to submit this through the contact page of our Website. We will strive to ensure that anyone giving feedback is treated with the utmost courtesy and respect, and in return, we expect that anyone giving feedback or making a complaint will do so in a fair and appropriate manner. Where we determine that a complaint is abusive, unreasonable, or a student is unreasonably pursuing a complaint that has previously been investigated, we reserve our rights in relation to our response, and in particular, may elect not to pursue the procedure set out below.
- Review and investigation: Once a complaint has been lodged, we will investigate and attempt to address the matter in question. At this stage, you may be required to provide supporting documentation or other evidence that may be relevant. We will endeavour to address complaints within 3 working days (although this may not always be possible). In all cases, we will maintain open channels of communication and provide feedback or updates on the progress of the investigation. If a complaint cannot be addressed at its first stage, either party may request that the matter be looked into further.
- Feedback: Once a complaint has been fully investigated and due process followed, a course of action will be determined by STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC. The result will either be that the complaint is upheld (in part or in full), and an appropriate form of action is taken, or, that no action is taken, in which case comprehensive feedback and reasons will be provided. This includes, but is not limited to, instances where you have not requested an outcome other than having a platform to voice your concerns.
- Disputes: If a mutually-satisfactory outcome, course of action, or conclusion cannot be reached following from the complaints procedure, or any other kind of dispute arises between STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC and you, then you agree that it will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and, to the extent compliant with applicable law, exclusively by a court of competent jurisdiction located in Prince George’s County, Maryland. As a consumer you may benefit from the right to bring an action in the courts of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your rights to bring a claim in the courts of the country in which you are resident. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Terms, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Delaware. As a consumer, you may benefit from certain mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these terms and conditions, including this ‘Disputes’ clause, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
Nothing in this section will restrict our right to apply to a competent court for relief should our intellectual property rights be violated or threatened, or where otherwise appropriate to obtain urgent, injunctive or equitable relief.
- STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC’s details: These Terms are a contract between you and STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC, a Delaware corporation with its address at 4023 Kennett Pike #53757
Wilmington, DE 19807.
- Entire agreement: These Terms, together with the Honor Code and Policies, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC concerning your registration for a Course.
- Revision of Terms: We reserve the right to revise these Terms (including Policies) at our sole discretion from time to time. These revisions will become effective immediately on being posted to the Website, however, for all material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes if you are registered for a Course at the time when such changes come into effect.
- Conflict: If any aspect of these Terms conflicts with any information provided on our Website or in information packs or other Course materials, these Terms will prevail unless expressly stated otherwise.
- Severability: In the event that any part of these Terms is found to be partially or fully unenforceable because it does not comply with any law, or for any other reason, this will not affect the application or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms.
- Assignment: These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted in terms of these Terms, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC without restriction.
- No indulgence/waiver: If STRATEGY FOR EXECUTIVES LLC chooses not to enforce any part of these Terms, this does not mean that it cannot do so at a later time. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other Term.
Date of last amendment: 23 September 2019